Want To Be Happy This Year?!
It’s hard to believe that another year has gone by! It was a good one too!
A few days ago, I saw a Facebook post Elizabeth Gilbert shared about a Happiness Jar she started after her Eat Pray Love trip as a way to remember the happiness she found during that journey.
“Every day, at the end of the day, I write down the happiest moment of my day, and I put it in the jar. It's that easy.It takes one minute — if that. I don't use fancy paper or special pens; I usually just rip off the corner of a bill, and jot down the happy moment somewhere on a blank spot and throw it in the jar. Done and done.
My happiest moments are infinitesimally small, but over the years, they have caused this jar to overflow many times over”
The first days of the year, I was feeling a little down and wanted to move past it. I remembered Elizabeth Giblet’s post and decided to reflect on the good things from 2015 as a way to cheer myself up. It worked!
At the end of 2014, I was over the moon because I knew 2015 was going to be a big year for me, and it was! I was able to do all of this (and more) this past year….
- I joined an amazing group program!
- I became part of the I Heart My Life team
- I quite my 9-5
- I started my own coaching business
- I got featured on Instagram as a Suggested User which grew my presence on the platform big time! (total dream come true!)
- I traveled to Ohio and surprised my dad on his birthday
- Moved into our dream flat!
- Worked with incredible clients
- Took a big trip to the US and stopped in Minneapolis, Columbus, Dallas, Miami, and NYC
- Got a gorgeous new car
- Visited the Facebook/Instagram office in London!
- Launched my Art of Instagram Group Program which is now available as a self-study program.
- Surprised my husband with a trip to Paris for his birthday! (probably my biggest highlight of the year!)
- Took a weekend getaway to London with my college girlfriends
- Met one of my heroes, Scott Harrison, CEO of Charity Water at a private event!
- Got featured as a Suggested User by Pinterest
- Traveled to London…a lot!
These are just a few of the amazing things that happened this year. I’m so grateful.
Reflecting on this helped me remember how amazing life can be and how much can happen in a year! It got me excited about 2016 and ALL the possibilities this year holds!
I want to feel this way everyday this year so I've decided to end each day thinking back on something that made me happy or grateful for that day, even on the bad days. There’s always something to be thankful for!
I had missed the first couple days so I thought I’d start my own Happiness Jar on my birthday in a few weeks. Then fate happened…
Yesterday morning, I received a package from the amazing team over at Instagram. They sent me this cute calendar! My close friends know how nutty I am about animals and this couldn’t have been a more perfect gift. As I was opening up the photo calendar, I noticed that each picture/day is meant to be torn off and the back was designed for you to write notes on. I immediately knew this was a sign. A sign for amazing things to come in 2016 and a sign to start my happiness jar that day.
Make 2016 a year filled of gratitude and start your own Happiness Jar! It takes little effort and gives a great reward…a year filled with happiness.
To a grateful heart,
P.S. Want make 2016 a successful year in business? Let's chat over a discovery call and get my lower rate before it's gone!